STUDENT AND EMPLOYEES are strictly prohibited from the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession or use of a controlled substance or alcohol anywhere on campus, anywhere within a student approved living facility, or while participating in school related activities. Students or employees who violate this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including expulsion or termination of employment.
Studio School does permit the consumption, in moderation, of alcoholic beverages during certain approved functions involving external groups and only by persons of legal drinking age (21 years or above). A nonalcoholic beverage and food must also be served.
As a condition of enrollment or employment, students and employees must abide by the terms of this policy or Studio School will take one or more of the following actions within 30 days with respect to any student or employee who violates this policy by:
- Reporting the violation to law enforcement officials.
- Taking appropriate disciplinary action against such student or employee, up to and including expulsion or termination of employment.
- To recommend such student or employee to participate in a substance abuse rehabilitation program approved for such purposes by a federal, state, local health, law enforcement or other appropriate agency.
In conformance with the law, Studio School will make a good faith effort to maintain a drug and alcohol free school and workplace through implementation of the preceding policy and will establish and maintain a drug and alcohol free awareness program.
In accordance with California law:
- The legal drinking age in California is 21: persons under the age of 21 may not consume, purchase or possess alcohol.
- It is unlawful to sell or furnish alcoholic beverages to persons under the age of 21.
- It is unlawful for persons under the age of 21 to misrepresent one’s age for the purpose of purchasing alcoholic beverages.
- It is illegal to possess, consume, and or sell illicit drugs including narcotics, hallucinogens, amphetamines and barbiturates.
DRUG & ALCOHOL HELP LIST
The following is a list of resources you can turn to in order to find help for any type of drug or alcohol related problem or crisis. These numbers can give information on or refer you to treatment services, counseling, support groups, etc. In addition to these, the phone book can provide you with the phone numbers of your local hospitals and their drug and alcohol programs, local church programs, and local community programs. In case of extreme emergency, you can always dial 911.
National Institute on Drug Abuse Hotline
An information and referral line that directs callers to treatment centers in their local community.
The Discovery House
Addiction Specialist hotline. A full-service drug addiction treatment center that helps individuals who are struggling with drug and alcohol addiction. The Los Angeles rehab center is located in Southern California, near Ventura, Thousand Oaks, Woodland Hills, and Santa Monica.
Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
24 hour Suicide Prevention Crisis Line which is strictly confidential.
24 hour Hollywood helpline, strictly confidential. Provides help and information for anyone who feels they have or may have a problem with any type of drug.
Office and Information Center:
4311 Wilshire Blvd. #104
Los Angeles, CA.
Provides 24 hour, confidential hotline for anyone who needs any type of assistance for an alcohol-related problem. AA is able to put callers in touch with many support groups or treatment centers in any geographic area.