Studio School Campus Update - 3/31/2020 5am PST:
At this time, all branch campuses of Hussian College will remain closed until further notice. Students should continue participating in their classes online and staff should continue to work remotely. We will provide our next update on Tuesday, April 7th. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to continue to adhere to all guidelines established by the CDC and your local public health and government officials.
Students who have questions should contact their campus Dean of Academic Affairs:
Studio School: Brian Walker, [email protected]
Studio School Campus Update - 3/28/2020 6pm PST:
We understand how challenging the last few weeks have been for our students, faculty, staff and families. We appreciate your support and patience, and remain committed to providing you with information and resources as we receive them.
Studio School and Hussian College leadership are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our entire studio community. We take recommendations from state and local health and education authorities very seriously. The leadership’s action follows the latest public health orders issued March 19th by Governor Gavin Newsom and Los Angeles County officials instructing people to stay at home to help contain the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, our campus will remain closed to all students, faculty and staff during the off-campus, remote learning activities. A reminder that our student schedule for the coming weeks will be as follows:
- March 30-April 10 – Students engage in off-campus, remote instruction and enrichment activities
Our top priorities right now are to ensure our students and employees are healthy and safe and our students maintain continuity of education. Stay healthy and continue to look out for each other in the coming weeks.
For more up-to-date information on COVID-19 please check out these reliable sources:
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH, County)
- The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Access Center 24/7 Helpline
(800) 854- 7771
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH, State)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, National)
- World Health Organization (WHO, International)
Studio School Campus Update - 3/25/2020 11am PST:
Studio School leadership is aware of the significant impacts COVID-19 may have on students' emotional well-being and mental health. Studio School along with Counseling West remains fully-committed to serving students during this unprecedented time. Our counselor, Kate Maher through Counseling West, will be providing sessions remotely on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays through the end of the term.
Per normal communication from Kevin Cordova-Brookey, Director of Operations, a schedule will be sent out to sign up for the remote sessions. Please take care of yourselves during this stressful time and reach out for support.
Studio School Campus Update - 3/19/2020 7pm PST:
Due to continuing concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19 and the recent announcement regarding restriction of movement in Los Angeles, Hussian College is implementing the following:
For Hussian College Employees - LA Campus
- The campus will remain closed through March 31st, 2020 and you should plan to work remotely during this time-frame. Please contact your direct supervisor for additional information
Studio School Campus Update - 3/18/2020 9am PST:
Dear Studio School Students –
Due to continuing concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19 Studio School is implementing the following actions:
- Spring Break has been extended for an additional week and classes will resume on March 30, 2020.
- All classes will be conducted online starting March 30, 2020.
- The academic term will now end on April 10, 2020.
- Classes will be graded as Pass/Fail for this term only.
- Should you have any questions regarding this announcement please contact one of the following:
Studio School Campus Update - 3/13/2020 6pm PST:
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff
I want to thank each of you for your patience and cooperation as we navigate the unique and evolving COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) situation. Our top priority continues to be the health and safety of the Studio School community.
Last night we issued an update regarding the extension of spring break to protect public health and slow the spread of COVID-19. During this time the campus is only open to staff. All students and faculty should refrain from coming to campus for any reason unless otherwise directed or approved.
The following events have been canceled:
All rehearsals and future performances are canceled.
All actors and designers will be contacted separately.
Please refer all questions regarding this production to Michelle Fraser, Bridget Flanery or Veronica Shea.
The previous format of the industry showcase is being reconfigured. The acting and dance departments are working together on an alternate version of the showcase to be presented.
All actors and dancers will be contacted separately.
Please refer all questions regarding this industry showcase to Jeremy Jackson and Kristin Deiss.
The live production of the Spring Choreography Showcase has been canceled.
Please refer all questions regarding the choreography class and live production to Kristin Deiss.
The following events/productions have been postponed:
All film-related shoots and production meetings across all departments have been postponed until further notice.
If you have meetings planned with production please contact Veronica Shea or Lexi Loya.
If you have equipment that was to be checked out or checked back in please contact Will Ramsey.
Please refer any other film related questions to Elric Kane or Duane Dell’Amico.
SENIOR & SOPHMORE SCREENINGS
The senior and sophomore screenings have been postponed until further notice.
The team is working on an alternate schedule for both of these screenings.
Please refer any questions you have regarding the screenings to Elric Kane or Duane Dell’Amico.
The movie musical, like other film-related productions, has been postponed until further notice.
Please refer any questions regarding movie musical to Bridget Flanery, Michelle Fraser or Veronica Shea
If you are a senior and have met the graduation requirements by the end of the term, you will graduate and earn your degree. The graduation ceremony has been postponed with the new date to be determined.
Please refer any questions regarding graduation to Colleen Laeger, Kevin Cordova-Brookey or Michelle Fraser.
Thank you again for your patience and flexibility as we navigate this rapidly changing situation. As we have said before, we are committed to ensuring the health and safety of the entire Studio School community. We will continue to adjust our practices based on information and recommendations from the public health departments and education authorities and provide you with the most up-to-date information in a timely manner.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Studio School Campus Update - 3/12/2020 8pm PST:
TO: Students, Faculty and Staff
FROM: Dr. Jeremiah Staropoli, EdD
SPECIAL BULLETIN: Spring Break extended for students to March 23
Studio School will extend its Spring Break amid escalating concerns regarding the continued spread of COVID-19.
Spring Break Extended through Sunday, March 23
No classes – in-person or online – will be held during this time. Studio School buildings will remain open. More details regarding course plans beginning March 23 and beyond will be forthcoming.
Events and Travel
- College events for 50 or more attendees for the term are canceled.
- We discourage our students from personal travel, both domestic and international.
- Health officials advise against travel to places with coronavirus. It includes both international travel to Level 2 and 3 countries and domestic travel to states with more than 10 cases.
- Those who do travel should self-monitor for fever, cough, or shortness of breath for 14-days after your return. If you are experiencing those symptoms, self-isolate from others and contact your health care provider immediately. Do not come to campus if you are sick.
For College Employees
- Employees should continue to report to work at the campus.
- Studio School will remain open as the situation allows.