INSTITUTION: Studio School
LOCATION: Los Angeles, California
CATEGORY: Faculty – Dance Department
POSTED: March 30, 2015
APPLICATION DUE: Open Until Filled
START DATE: June 2015 or August 2015
WHY A CAREER AT Studio School?
We are creative, innovative, nimble, empowering, risk-taking, visionary, smart, groundbreaking, inclusive and inviting—and we’re passionate about hiring the talent to match. Studio School will be a branch campus of the Hussian College operated in cooperation with Studio Institute Global.
- BFA in Film + Digital Content [Directing, Screenwriting, Producing, Documentary Film Concentrations]
- BFA in Acting [Film + Television, Musical Theatre Concentrations]
- BFA in Commercial Dance
- BFA in Art [Digital Media, Graphic Design, Visual Communications Concentrations]
All Faculty will report to the Department Chair/Director, Dean of Academic Affairs and the Division’s Chief Operating Officer. Faculty will work closely with the school's administrators, academic advisors and administrative staff. Successful candidates will be high-energy leaders passionate about teaching with a collaborative style that promotes integrity, empowers vision, displays flexibility, and inspires creativity. Credentialed faculty members selected for employment are eligible to teach summer, evening, and extra-curricular workshops provided by Studio Institute Global.
- Leadership to support the mission, mantra and core values of Studio School.
- Teaching course(s) per semester in area of expertise.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations, adhering to The Studio “learn, then do” approach.
- Providing students with support for every aspect of learning in the form of regular office hours, tutorial assistance, coaching, career advice and academic assistance.
- Administrative responsibilities include: Grading course work, participating in general curriculum development, maintaining and completing student records as required by administrative policy, prepare and administer written, oral, and performance tests and submit final grades in accordance with Studio School policy.
- Support departmental and school-wide expansion by championing the philosophy and objectives of Studio School and Hussian College.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Flexibility to instruct multiple disciplines of dance.
- Bachelor’s degree, MFA degree from nationally recognized program preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the collegiate or conservatory level.
- Proficient in at least two disciplines of dance ( Example: classical ballet, tap, theatre jazz, contemporary, ballroom)
- Understanding history of dance as well as dance on film.
- Relevant experience in film, television and theatre.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership style, and ability to build and work with teams.
- Knowledge of trends and current issues in higher education and the performing arts.
- A strong record of achievement in creative work and the ability to demonstrate such upon request.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional resume and/or reel demonstrating expertise.
- Current membership in American Dance Guild, SAG/AFTRA and/or Actors Equity.
- Professional experience in television, film, and/or stage.
- Applicants versed in hybrid approaches to fiction, non-fiction, and experimental practices.
- A passion and understanding for social media and original content creation.
- Experience utilizing technology to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Knowledge or professional experience working in film, television, digital media, and/or the entertainment industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit, via email, a cover letter, relevant experience or artist vitae (if available), personal statement, a current resume, and references (as .pdf attachments) to; [email protected] Subject line should include: Adjunct Faculty Commercial Dance 2015. For consideration, all applicants must include compensation expectations. In an effort to improve the recruiting process, we are not requesting labor-intensive or cost-incurring documents (Official Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, writing samples and other related documents) at this time.
Studio Institute Global, a division of Relativity, offers an array of film, media, and performing arts programs.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY + DIVERSITY
Studio School is committed to equal-employment principles, and recognizes the value of employees who feel they are treated in an equitable and professional manner. We strive to attract, develop, and retain talent needed to meet business objectives. We recruit and employ highly qualified individuals, ensuring we represent the diverse community in which we live and work. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner without regard to: Age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.