The purpose of the Film + Digital Content Certificate program is to assist students who want to pursue industry-specific training. These skills will be taught on a studio lot, using state of the art equipment, working with active industry professionals in a uniquely collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that will prepare them to create the opportunities they need to succeed in today’s dynamically changing workplace.
Students in our film certificate program receive an immersive introduction to all facets of the creative process from initial idea through production and post including courses in Producing, Directing, Screenwriting, Editing and Cinematography. Faculty is comprised of industry professionals and leaders who are passionate about craft, discipline, professionalism and artistic excellence. In contrast to other programs, our students work with advanced production packages from the beginning to master the medium, learn industry standard best practices and create a polished portfolio of creative work to serve as a powerful introduction to the industry upon completion of the program.
Our responsibility is to captivate you for however long we've asked for your attention. That said, there is tremendous drama to be gotten from the great, what you would say, heavy issues. —Aaron Sorkin
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared to pursue a professional career in film, television and digital media production as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of visual storytelling, structure, technology and professional film production skills with a creative portfolio of original digital content.
- Master the command of the various team functions and roles in film, television and commercial production with professional best practices.
- Explore a deeper study in Directing that includes style, aesthetics, working with actors, set etiquette, script development and project management skills.
All students who complete the Film + Digital Content Certificate program will produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
- SILENT NARRATIVE SHORT FILM
- CINEMATOGRAPHY VISUAL SCENE
- FEATURE FILM PITCH & OUTLINE
- SCENE SHOOT ON LOCATION
- COLLABORATIVE SIZZLE
- PITCH PACKAGE
- DIRECTORS REEL
You can do more with a Certificate in Film + Digital Content than just direct Movies, TV Shows, and Commercials. You could also choose camera angles and actions as a Cinematographer. Decide the look of every background and set piece as an Art Director. Arrange scenes to tell stories in the most dramatic way as an Editor. Or heighten the cinematic experience with audio effects as a Sound Designer. It’s a path to all these incredible careers, as well as Creative Director, Digital Content Director, Broadcast/News director, and more. Make the most of your unique creative vision with a certificate in Film + Digital Content.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.