The purpose of the Entrepreneurship Certificate program is to assist students who want to pursue industry-specific training. These skills will be taught on a studio lot, using state of the art equipment, working with active industry professionals in a unique collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that will prepare them to create the opportunities they need to succeed in today’s dynamically changing workplace.
Our students will take a focused sequence of courses that address the changing landscape of film, TV and digital media. They will cover topics ranging from creative material acquisition and development to marketing and distribution of finished product. Students will study the financial structures of the entertainment business as well as “pitch” strategies for striking deals and selling ideas. They will be supported in finding internships in the market segments they wish to pursue and will develop innovative new ventures under the guidance of industry experts in our Incubator Lab.
A lot of people give up just before they’re about to make it. You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one. —Chuck Norris
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared pursue a professional career in film, television and digital media as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of creative collaboration, marketing savvy and entrepreneurial vision with a creative portfolio of original digital content and business plans.
- Gain a working knowledge of the growing number of fields impacting entrepreneurs today including business, law, accounting, marketing, finance, project management and social media.
- Explore the field of Entertainment Media targeting the dynamic changes affecting this industry and the opportunities this creates for entrepreneurs with the ability to collaborate and innovate.
All degree candidates who complete the Certificate in Entrepreneurship will have the opportunity to produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
- BUSINESS PLANS
- MARKETING STRATEGIES
- ELEVATOR PITCHES
- CASE STUDIES
- COLLABORATIVE DIGITAL CONTENT
- INVESTOR’S DECKS
- STRATEGIC PLANS
The Entertainment Media field is undergoing dynamic change because of the influence of shifting audience demographics, release platforms, and digital production modalities. Periods of dramatic change create dynamic opportunities for the entrepreneurs and innovators who are prepared to adapt and to lead. This certificate is a path to careers as an Entertainment Entrepreneur, Film and Television Producer, Online Content Creator, Development Executive or Media Strategist.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.