The purpose of the Acting Certificate program is to assist students who want to pursue industry-specific training. We have developed innovative course sequences with real-world applications ideally suited to academically mature students. These accelerated, field-specific courses of study impart the specialized skills, industry knowledge and networking opportunities necessary for them to powerfully enter the workplace. These skills will be taught on a studio lot, using state of the art equipment, working with active industry professionals in a unique collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that will prepare them to create the opportunities they need to succeed in today’s dynamically changing workplace.
Our acting program is an intensive performance program combined with an exclusive entrepreneurship course progression designed to help actors succeed both artistically and commercially. Acting students take comprehensive sequences in acting, voice and speech, movement, camera technique, combat training and business. Faculty is comprised of industry professionals and leaders who are passionate about craft, discipline, professionalism and artistic excellence. Studio School empowers all students to develop original digital content such as online channels, short films, web series and interactive performances allowing student actors to emerge from the program with a polished portfolio of creative work.
A lot of people give up just before they’re about to make it. You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one. —Chuck Norris
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared pursue a professional acting career in film, television and theatre as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Identify and illustrate the collaborative relationship between the actor, text and audience in a range of social contexts, historical periods, performance styles and cultures.
- Demonstrate professionalism, strong work ethic and readiness for the business demands of a career in the entertainment industry with practical entrepreneurship skills for producing their own work.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology, artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
All degree candidates who complete the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting program will produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
- LIVE SCENE PRESENTATION
- INTERACTIVE IMPROV WORKSHOP
- PAGE TO SCREEN SHOOT / ORIGINAL SCENE WORKSHOP
- SCENE SHOOT ON LOCATION
- COLLABORATIVE SIZZLE
- PITCH PACKAGE
- ACTOR’S REEL
A Post-Baccalaureate certificate in Acting lets you explore a lot of different career roles. With this degree, you could become a Professional Actor for Film, Television, and Stage. You could learn to teach others as an Acting or Vocal Coach. You could help identify new talent as a Casting Director. Or you could guide other actors’ careers as a Talent Agent or Manager. You can use an Acting degree in other fields, too—as an On-camera Correspondent, Stunt Performer, or even a Motivational Speaker. With an Acting Post-Bacc from Relativity, your future isn’t limited to the stage and screen.