The commercial dance program at Studio School is a comprehensive, integrated approach to the professional dance world for stage, film and television opportunities. Dance styles and master classes with the industry’s top choreographers cover Hip Hop, ballet, jazz funk, world cultural dance, tap, contemporary, modern and more. Studio School’s exclusive commercial dance course sequence includes training in circus arts, dance geography, injury prevention, technical theatre production, iconic choreographers and dance history.
The acting core component trains Commercial Dance students for success on stage and screen with coursework in acting, voice and speech, improvisation, camera technique, scene study and character development. A business course sequence and collaborative digital content make this program truly one-of-a-kind for anyone wishing to create a long, diversified career in Commercial Dance.
Dancing is just discovery, discovery, discovery.— Martha Graham
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared to pursue a professional career in commercial dance including stage, film, television as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of dance history, genre, style in a variety of applications with technical proficiency, professional vocabulary and artistic expressiveness.
- Possess a well-rounded proficiency in acting craft for both on-camera and stage including script analysis and the relationship between actor, text and audience.
- Explore narrative technique and strategies to support the creative bridges in commercial dance across all applications including live performance, digital content and integrated opportunities.
If dancing is your dream, then a Commercial Dance degree could make it a reality. Not only will you learn everything you need to know to become a Professional Dancer, you’ll also be able to use the degree to open other doors in the industry. You could express your vision as a Choreographer or Artistic Director. You could be a Dance Instructor or open your own studio. The knowledge you’ll get could take you into other areas, like Dance Hosting, Judging, or Writing—you could be a Dance Critic. But whichever direction you choose to go, a Commercial Dance degree is a great first step.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.
- ORIGINAL SHORT FILMS
- MUSIC + DANCE VIDEOS
- ORIGINAL WEB SERIES
- ELECTRONIC PRESS KITS
- APPLIED WEBSITE CONTENT
- INTERACTIVE PEFORMANCE WORKSHOP
- ORIGINAL FILM TRAILERS
- 10-MINUTE PLAY SERIES
- TECHNICAL THEATRE PRODUCTION
- CHOREOGRAPHY MASTER CLASSES
- LIVE MUSICAL THEATRE AND DANCE PERFORMANCES