The commercial dance program at Studio School is a comprehensive, integrated approach to the professional dance world for stage, film and television opportunities. Dance styles and master classes with the industry’s top choreographers cover Hip Hop, ballet, jazz funk, world cultural dance, tap, contemporary, modern and more. Studio School’s exclusive commercial dance course sequence includes training in circus arts, choreography, injury prevention, digital content creation and technical theatre production, iconic choreographers and dance history.
Dancing is just discovery, discovery, discovery.— Martha Graham
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared to pursue a professional career in commercial dance on stage, film, and television as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of dance history, dance genres, and dance styles in a variety of mediums.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency, professional decorum, and genuine artistry in any professional situation.
- Possess a well-rounded proficiency in acting for both the camera and stage, as well as a confidence in their abilities to integrate into the professional acting industry.
- Enter the industry with a mentor-curated digital portfolio of creative work designed to advance their unique career goals and ambitions.
If dancing is your dream, acquiring a degree in commercial dance could make it a reality. Studio School’s BFA in commercial dance not only equips its dancers with the skills and industry connections to pursue a successful performance career (27-2031)*, it also prepares them for a host of performance-adjacent careers. Commercial dance graduates pursue careers in Choreography (27-2032), Education (25-1121), Dance Therapy (29-9091), Physical Therapy(29-9091), Dance Representation (13-1011), Producing(27-2032), Judging Competitions (27-2023), Dance Criticism (27-2099), Yoga (39-9031), Dance Photography (27-4021), Group Fitness Instruction (39- 9031), and Costume Design (27-1022).
*These 6-digit numbers refer to the Department of Education’s Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) code, used to align instructional programs with occupational outcomes. Studio School is committed to providing transformative path-to-career training for artists, performers, storytellers and entrepreneurs entering today’s dynamic content industries.
- ORIGINAL SHORT FILMS
- MUSIC + DANCE VIDEOS
- ORIGINAL WEB SERIES
- ELECTRONIC PRESS KITS
- APPLIED WEBSITE CONTENT
- INTERACTIVE PEFORMANCE WORKSHOP
- ORIGINAL FILM TRAILERS
- 10-MINUTE PLAY SERIES
- TECHNICAL THEATRE PRODUCTION
- CHOREOGRAPHY MASTER CLASSES
- LIVE MUSICAL THEATRE AND DANCE PERFORMANCES