The professional sports industry plays an increasingly important part of the global entertainment landscape. Our Sports Media + Marketing concentration offers students the opportunity to focus specifically on the issues most pertinent to managing careers in professional sports. Topics covered include sports media, sports marketing, sports law, sponsorship, licensing, producing events, managing in-venue experiences and team operations.
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared pursue a professional career in film, television and digital media as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of creative collaboration, marketing savvy and entrepreneurial vision with a creative portfolio of original digital content and business plans.
- Gain a working knowledge of the growing number of fields impacting entrepreneurs today including business, law, accounting, marketing, finance, project management and social media.
- Explore a deeper study in the field of Entertainment Media targeting the dynamic changes effecting this industry and the opportunities this creates for artists and entrepreneurs with the ability to collaborate and innovate.
All degree candidates who complete the Bachelor of Arts in Entrepreneurship program will have the opportunity to produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
- BUSINESS PLANS
- MARKETING STRATEGIES
- ELEVATOR PITCHES
- CASE STUDIES
- COLLABORATIVE DIGITAL CONTENT
- INVESTOR’S DECKS
- STRATEGIC PLANS
Today’s Sports Media and Marketing professionals face the same challenges and opportunities as other media professionals and entrepreneurs – only more so. Sports media and branding is now dynamically engaged with the film, television, on line and interactive game spaces. A working knowledge of all these fields is necessary to navigate during this period of dynamic change. This degree is a path to careers as an Entertainment Entrepreneur, Sports Agent, Franchise Executive, Marketing Strategist, Athlete Representative or Sports Venue Manager.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.